Temporary service disruption due to Covid19.
In accordance with the Restriction Movement Order issued by the Malaysian Government on 16th March 2020, all foreign tourists and visitors are not allowed to enter Malaysia starting from March 18, 2020 until further notice.
Therefore, all visa facilities (VTR and VDR) of eNTRI, eVISA, VOA and Visa Malaysia (Stickers) to all foreign nationals are temporarily suspended with the decisions made effective March 18, 2020 until further notice. Any application for visa after the restriction date will only be processed pending on the government decision based on the current situation.
Kindly consider rescheduling your travel plan if your travel date is in between the restriction date.
We apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The temple is situated at Jalan Pantai, off Jalan Gasing in Petaling Jaya. It was built in 1957 andofficiated by the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the King of Thailand at the time. The temple alsobecoming the only Malaysian Siamese temple which has been chosen as the custodian of theBuddha sacred relics for all Malaysian Buddhistsas part of an ancient relics discovered inPiprahwa, a village in Uttar Pradesh near the border of the Kingdom of Nepal in 1898 whichpresented to King Chulalongkorn of Siam by the then British Viceroy of India, Lord Curzon.
Apart from become the centre for religious community of Malaysian Siamese, the temple alsobecome the place of devotees from non-Thais. The main shrine is heavily gilded in gold leavesand intricately decorated with multi-coloured glass tiles. Its main prayer hall houses severalimages of Buddha while in the pavilion features the four-faced goddess of Phra Phrom and theGoddess of Mercy of Guan Yin. Another prayer hall pays tribute to abbots with Malay titles thatmarking their northern Malay Peninsula and southern Thai origin. The temple always welcomingdonation from visitors which will be mainly used to sustain the temple and its activities
According to the chief abbot of Wat Chetawan, Phra Khru Sophitchariyaphorn, Buddha's relics enshrined in the stupa is of great historical and religious significance as it was part of relics discovered in Piprahwa, a village in Uttar Pradesh near the border of the Kingdom of Nepal in 1898 which then presented to King Chulalongkorn of Siam by the then British Viceroy of India, Lord Curzon. King Chulalongkorn distributed part of the relics to Japan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Siberia and the rest were ceremoniously enshrined in the Golden Mount Chedi in Bangkok in 1899. To commemorate the 2,600th anniversary of Buddha's Enlightenment and to mark King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit's 85th and 80th birthday anniversaries respectively, a portion of those sacred relics of Buddha were presented to Wat Chetawan in Malaysia on 27 June 2012 by senior monk from Bangkok, Somdej Phramaharatch Amangkalajarn as a token of goodwill from Thai Buddhists to Malaysian Buddhists.