The Old Clock Tower of Taiping was built in the year 1881. Originally made of wood, the structure was rebuilt with bricks nine years later, in 1890. The actual building of the Taiping Clock Tower was in the shape of a square fort, part of which has since been demolished. Between 1908 and 1950, the Taiping Clock Tower building was used as the town police station as well as the fire brigade. After that, it was left abandoned until recently, when it was converted into the Taiping Visitor Information Centre.
Other attractions nearby New Clock Tower