Temporary service disruption due to Covid19.
In accordance with the Restriction Movement Order issued by the Malaysian Government on 16th March 2020, all foreign tourists and visitors are not allowed to enter Malaysia starting from March 18, 2020 until June 09, 2020.
Therefore, all visa facilities (VTR and VDR) of eNTRI, eVISA, VOA and Visa Malaysia (Stickers) to all foreign nationals are temporarily suspended with the decisions made effective March 18, 2020 until June 09, 2020. Any application for visa after the restriction date will only be processed pending on the government decision based on the current situation.
Kindly consider rescheduling your travel plan if your travel date is in between the restriction date.
We apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Batu Caves is a limestone hill that has a series of caves and cave temples in Gombak, Selangor, Malaysia. It takes its name from the Sungai Batu, which flows past the hill. It is the tenth limestone hill from Ampang. Batu Caves is also the name of a nearby village.
The cave is one of the most popular Tamil shrines outside India, and is dedicated to Lord Murugan. It is the focal point of Hindu festival of Thaipusam in Malaysia.
Batu Caves was promoted as a place of worship by K. Thamboosamy Pillai, an Indian trader. He was inspired by the vel-shaped entrance of the main cave and was inspired to dedicate a temple to Lord Murugan within the caves. In 1890, Pillai, who also founded the Sri Mahamariamman Temple, Kuala Lumpur, installed the murti (consecrated statue) of Sri Murugan Swami in what is today known as the Temple Cave.
Wooden steps up to the Temple Cave were built in 1920 and have since been replaced by 272 concrete steps. Of the various cave temples that comprise the site, the largest and best known is the Temple Cave, so named because it houses several Hindu shrines beneath its high vaulted ceiling.
At the base of the hill are two more cave temples, Art Gallery Cave and Museum Cave, both of which are full of Hindu statues and paintings. This complex was renovated and opened as the Cave Villa in 2008. Many of the shrines relate the story of Lord Murugan's victory over the demon Soorapadman. An audio tour is available to visitors.