EligibilityIt is open to citizens of all countries recognised by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring their spouses and unmarried children below the age of 21 as dependants. Applicants are expected to be financially capable of supporting themselves on this programme in Malaysia.
Upon Application :
- Applicants aged below 50 years are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 monthsâ statement with each monthâs credit balance of RM 500,000.
- Applicants aged 50 and above may comply with the financial proof of RM350,000 in liquid assets and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For certified copy(s) of Current Account submitted as financial proof, applicants must provide the latest 3 monthsâ statement with each monthâs credit balance of RM 350,000. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government RM 10,000 per month.
- Approved participant who has purchased and own property which was bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may state his/her intention in letter of application during submission to lower down basic fixed deposit requirement.
Medical ReportAll applicants and their dependants are required to submit a medical report from any private hospital or registered clinic in Malaysia.
RestrictionsSuccessful applicants are strictly forbidden from the following :
- Being employed anywhere in Malaysia unless you are aged 50 and above with specialized skills and expertise. You can then apply to work part-time up to 20 hours per week in sectors approved by the government.
- Participating in activities that can be considered as sensitive to the local people like political or missionary activities.