Temporary service disruption due to Covid19.
In accordance with the Restriction Movement Order issued by the Malaysian Government on 16th March 2020, all foreign tourists and visitors are not allowed to enter Malaysia starting from March 18, 2020 until further notice.
Therefore, all visa facilities (VTR and VDR) of eNTRI, eVISA, VOA and Visa Malaysia (Stickers) to all foreign nationals are temporarily suspended with the decisions made effective March 18, 2020 until further notice. Any application for visa after the restriction date will only be processed pending on the government decision based on the current situation.
Kindly consider rescheduling your travel plan if your travel date is in between the restriction date.
We apologies for any inconvenience caused.
It was built in 1852 as the official residence for Labuan’s first governor, Sir James Brooke, and the island’s succeeding Residents. It served as the guesthouse for many dignitaries visiting the island. The Prince of Wales, (later King Edward VIII) also stayed here when he visited Labuan in 1922. A corner of this park was also used by one of the Residents (probably Hugh Low after whom is named Low’s Peak, the summit of Mt. Kinabalu) to raise dairy cows and produce butter at that time. A century later on 10 June 1945, the old manor together with a large section of this park was destroyed under heavy artillery bombardment by the Allied forces to liberate Labuan from Japanese occupation.This historical park was rehabilitated and developed into a recreation park by Labuan Corporation in 2001.
Various tropical plants are featured in different sections of the park including orchids, bougainvillea, hibiscus, heliconia, lilies, fruit trees, ferns, palms and herbs.Hard landscaping has added a skate ramp, reflexology path, gazebos, boardwalks, bridges, water features, a children's playground and a reading corner.An attractive feature is a tree house perched on the branches of a mature tree overlooking the lake. There are two lakes, one of which has a boat house.
Graves, Ghosts & Headhunters. An interesting historical item is a gravestone dated 20 June 1908 for a foxhound named Jim, who was the pet of one of the former Residents, a Mr. M.S. MacArthur. Another grave found here is of Captain James Gordon of HMS Wolf, one of the two British ships which anchored off Labuan at the end of 1846 to formally take possession of Labuan. He died of fever (malaria)? and was buried on 6th January 1847.A third grave is that of Colour Sergeant Adam C. Sutherland who died fighting pirates in the same year. The ghost of a decapitated lady, possibly the wife of Hugh Low, was thought to haunt the park but after an initial sighting she has not reappeared. The ransacking of graves by head-hunting Dayaks in search of skulls was a problem faced by the early settlers of Labuan. Some preferred to be buried at sea rather than risk being desecrated in this way. Hugh Low is said to have dug 15 graves on the night his wife died in an attempt to confuse the headhunters.
Kuraman Island (Malay: Pulau Kuraman), alternative name Keraman Island, is an outlying island in the Federal Territory of Labuan, Malaysia located on the northern mouth of Brunei Bay. It is sparsely populated and is popular with expatriates, divers and those who travel between Labuan and Brunei. Its land area measures 147 hectares. Together with the much smaller islands Pulau Rusukan Besar and Pulau Rusukan Kecil it forms the Labuan Marine Park